Since opening our doors in 1987, Holiday Care Center in Toms River, NJ has set the standard for providing exceptional care and services to Ocean County’s senior citizens.
Located in the heart of Holiday City, Holiday Care Center provides nursing care in Ocean County for chronically ill residents, as well as those in need of sub acute care, convalescent care and rehab services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
Aside from receiving accolades for quality from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Holiday Care Center has recently been identified as a top performing nursing home by Community Medical Center, and is now included in their Preferred Provider Network.
- Accommodations for up to 180 Residents, with a dedicated, and secure 60 bed wing focused exclusively on caring for residents with Alzheimer's disease, memory loss, and other dementia related illnesses.
- Either Temporary (Sub-Acute) Nursing Care or Long-Term Nursing Care
- Single-Level Access to All Services and Amenities
- State-Certified Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care Facility
New Jersey State Certified Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Our Alzheimer’s & memory care program has been state-certified by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services, and our staff is trained in clinical care and is well-versed in the recent advances in dementia, memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, they:
- Participate in ongoing in-service training for dealing with behaviors associated with memory disorders
- Communicate with an emphasis on understanding non-verbal behavior
- Intervene creatively when it comes to behavior problems
- Focus on what residents can do instead of what they cannot do
Aside from providing these services to our residents, we are also committed to educating and supporting our community caregivers through Alzheimer’s & memory care support groups, and ongoing education and training.